1 pound shrimp
1 tsp. ginger powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. salt
vegetable oil or ghee for frying (about 2 T)
1 can coconut milk
1 stalk curry leaves
6 cherry tomatoes
1 c. shredded mozzarella (optional)
1. Clean shrimp and rub with spices; leave for 1 hour.
2. Heat oil and saute shrimp until slightly crispy; about 3-5 minutes.
3. Remove shrimp from pan; deglaze pan fond (the crispy bits leftover) with one can coconut milk. Add curry leaves and salt. Stir, getting up all the bits on the bottom. Simmer until reduced to sauce-like consistency. Taste to see if it needs more salt (mine didn't; there was enough left from the shrimp).
4. Slice cherry tomatoes in half.
5. Top pizza dough with sauce, shrimp, tomatoes, and cheese.
This was awesomely delicious. (Our pizza also fell apart when we tried to move it, but I think that was a pizza construction error (too thin in the middle, and you will hopefully not run into that).
You can also stop at step 2 and just eat the shrimp. They are very yummy this way. You could also have them with rice (ideally with some liquidy veggie, like saag), or tossed in salad with a yogurty dressing. Or as I said, just eat them.
If you don't like shrimp, you can make it with chicken, but you'd need to cook the chicken longer. I'd sear the chicken, cover the pan and turn the heat down for 15-20 minutes, let it cook through, then remove the lid and cook off the excess liquid. Drain any excess cooking oil. Ginger-garlic chicken is one of our family staples (and is actually in my cookbook), but the shrimp variation is a new creation. :-)