I have texted the following to Anand, who is the only other family member awake right now. We will now open the betting on whether he will successfully complete the task:
Okay, next task will be making Mommy’s tea. I’m going to give you step-by-step instructions to remind you.
– open bedroom door before you go downstairs so you can bring tea in
– get mug and fill it about 3/4 full with water
– take off teapot lid and pour water into teapot, close lid
– press button to start
– get teabag from second-tallest canister and put in mug
– get Splenda from smallest canister, open packet, pour into mug, throw away empty Splenda packet
– when kettle turns off (should say something like 212), pour water into mug
– wait 3 minutes for tea to finish steeping
– add some milk to mug, try not to make it so full it’ll be hard to carry upstairs
– bring tea to poor, sick Mommy.