Sewists, help? I’m having trouble with these instructions.
1) Do they mean me to add seam allowance when I’m cutting out the fabric for the main pieces, or just the facings?
2) I understand how to cut the front openings, because they give it as straight strips with dimensions — I just cut what they say, right? 3″ x 9 1/2″ straight strip, for example?
3) But for the facing for the back and front neckline, it says 1″ — I’m GUESSING I’m supposed to follow the line of the neckline to 1″ depth?
4) And I don’t think I’m supposed to do facings for the shoulder slope, armhole and sleeve head, neckline, front seam, side seam, and waistline?
5) I’m assuming all of this doesn’t need to be super-precise, since it’s basically just what’s going to be attached (or folded over?) to make clean seams? So I can freehand it rather than laboriously measuring 1/4″, 1/2″, 1″ or 1 1/2″ all around?
The patterns I’ve used in the past all had the seam allowance included as part of the pattern, I think, so this is confusing to me!