ARTS ASSISTANT JOB POSTING (Chicagoland)
Do you love literature and want to learn more about arts programming and administration?
I’m Mary Anne Mohanraj (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Anne_Mohanraj), and am looking for an assistant both to help with managing my own writing career, and to help manage the two arts foundations I direct, the SLF (www.speclit.org) and DesiLit (www.desilit.org). As an assistant, you’ll read and manage e-mail, plan and organize meetings, plan and organize events, publicize events and projects, run fundraisers, keep calendars, make travel arrangements, copyedit / proofread, and supervise quarterly budgets.
I’m also looking for occasional general household help — it won’t be the bulk of the duties, but you may be asked to run errands (pick up groceries or drop off a child) on occasion, run a load of dishes or straighten up a work space, etc. (The job will not entail regular childcare or heavy cleaning.)
Additional duties and projects as assigned.
– self-directed, efficient and able to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a professional and confident manner.
– knowledge of literature is a plus, esp. contemporary SF/F, mainstream lit., and/or South Asian lit.
– excellent English skills are a must;
– must drive well (but do not need own car)
– experience in marketing / publicity / project management / grant-writing / web page management using WordPress would be welcome
Schedule: 10 hours per week, timetable to be determined between us, but probably 2-3 mornings / week. The bulk of the work will take place at my home in Oak Park, IL (accessible from Chicago via Blue line, Green line, and Metra). The home has a small and gentle dog.
Start date: Immediately.
Initial pay: $12.50 – $15 / hr, depending on experience.
If interested, send a paragraph introducing yourself to email@example.com, along with a resume listing any relevant experience, with the subject line: ASSISTANT. Thanks!