Then chai and madeleines at Starbucks, a nice treat. Then home to straighten up and work on my syllabus a bit. Then Anne came over with her kids to play with mine, which made mine very happy, and my cousins Dharshini and Pradheep came for a visit -- they're in med school in Chicago, and it's lovely to see them. They even volunteered to come by next Wed, when the kids' school is on vacation, and help babysit, yay. I will feed them. Dharshini wants to learn how to cook Sri Lankan food; maybe it's time for me to do another Sri Lankan cooking class. I need a free Sunday sometime in the next month or two. Hmm.
And then it was dinner time and bed time, and the day was just gone. Which makes today's to-do list...longer. We'll see how it goes -- many of the items on here aren't optional, since my classes start tomorrow. One way or another, they have to get done.
- find first-day clothes and shoes (may need to dig in basement) -- DONE
- straighten second floor -- DONE
- review budget with Kev -- DONE
- post office: mail Karina's things; pick up package -- DONE
- grocery store: get stuff for dinner -- DONE
- revise 474 syllabus -- DONE
- check over 358 syllabus, adjusting dates as needed -- DONE
- finalize syllabi and first day materials -- DONE
- make relevant photocopies for first day -- DONE
- 5: dinner with Roshani and her kids here -- DONE
- revise ASAM website final details
- e-mail ASAM grad students re: brown bag lecture series
- paint kids' medicine cabinet -- sanded and primed
- write thank-you cards
- 3: go to gym for mild swimming exercise
- Pier 1: buy elephant curtains, 96"
- frame shop 115 N. Marion: buy mat
- return brackets to Lowes
- return curtains to IKEA