- 1/2 pound carrots, peeled and chopped fine in food processor
- 1/2 pound beets, peeled and chopped fine in food processor
- 1 packet frozen chopped spinach, microwaved x 6 minutes then chopped fine in food processor
- 1/2 bottle of Hellmans sandwich spread (optional, but adds a nice tanginess)
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1 stick butter
- green chilies chopped fine in food processor, adjust amount to spice preference
- 1.5 tsp onion powder
- 2 loaves Pepperidge Farms Very Thin white or wheat bread (Note: Each sandwich uses 4 slices of bread. Each large sandwich will be cut into four bite-size sandwiches)
- Make three separate vegetable spreads by adding 1/3 Hellmans spread, 1/3 cream cheese, 1/3 butter and 1/2 tsp onion powder to each vegetable. Mix well. Add green chilies to taste.
- Spread carrot mixture on a slice of bread. Place 2nd slice of bread on top and spread with beet mixture. Place 3rd slice of bread on top and spread with spinach mixture. Place final slice of bread on top. USING A SERRATED BREAD KNIFE gently cut off the edges. Cut each large sandwich into four triangles or squares.