Made some art! Nothing too ambitious, but the final result is pleasing to me. I'd been thinking for a while that it might look cool to have some dried flowers behind glass. I liked the depth of the look. A few months ago I found an appropriate frame; I just haven't had time to assemble the piece until now. This one took a few steps:
- buy roses and dry in advance
- print out poetry
- tear poetry and use spray glue to attach to matting
- insert matting into frame, behind glass
- cut florist's foam into the right shape to fit in bottom of frame (cutting paper first for a template)
- insert foam, and a set of dried roses into it
- glue white paper to backing
- glue a few layers of handmade tissue paper to white paper
- attach backing to frame -- done!
It was very pleasant working on the piece, and now I'm pleased with the result. A good way to wind down, making art in front of the tv, after a busy day. Oh, btw -- we got some money from the Dean. Woohoo! :-) Conference step one, well underway. Now to go ask for money from lots of other people...