I did get in my Ph.D. app. in time, btw. Now it's just waiting.
Hmm...I thought I had more to say, but I guess not. Will probably check back in later, though.
Oh -- one thing. That whole acceptance entry? It's nonsense. Sheer nonsense. Never mind.
12:30 update. Well, I'm moving a little slower than I'd like on these e-mails, but it's progressing. In other news, I'll be in Atlanta, GA from Feb 4-6; I just heard that they got funding to fly me out for their Asian Students Conference. Coolness. Anyone reading from Georgia? Drop me a note -- maybe we can have lunch.
Gardening questions? (I've been trying to keep my plants alive over the winter, with limited success):
- There seem to be tiny white dots on my parsley -- what are they and
should I worry about them?
- Many of my plants are looking very dry and yellowed, even though
they're being watered regularly. Any ideas?
- I've planted some bulbs in long plastic pots, and am about to put them
outside -- do I need to do anything else to them? (Is it too late? I
meant to do this months ago.)
- I have a pathetic-looking bell pepper plant with one bell pepper still
on it (been there for months). Is there any chance the plant will survive
and grow new peppers this year, or should I toss it?
- I have a green leafy plant called "Nepthys" that someone gave me, that
is looking yellow, and my garden books don't list it. Anyone know what it
is or how to care for it?