Anyway. The point is, I'm cranky. Kevin's lucky he's asleep or I'd be extra-cranky with him. In part just because he's here, in part because he has been thwarting my will more than usual lately, and it's just asking for trouble when you thwart my will. I have testimonials to that.
Things to complain about:
- I just discovered that the SLF stuff I ordered on May 9th never shipped. Some problem processing the order. I have to sort it out today, and odds are decent that the t-shirts won't arrive until after WisCon.
- My agent has not yet called me back with a fabulous book deal (or, for that matter, any book deal) for Bodies in Motion.
- I have a Spanish exam on Friday.
- I have not studied as much as I feel I should have for said exam.
- My body is tired. And sore. And heavier than it should be.
- My apartment is a disaster, with dirty dishes from last night's party everywhere, mocking me.
- The imitation crab for yesterday's California rolls was unimpressive; I think I should have defrosted it longer. I wish real crab weren't so outrageously expensive in the Midwest.
- The Thai red curry was not spicy or salted enough, and I should have cooked the broth down more. (I will be briefly fair enough to note that the spicy mango chicken in wonton cups was a huge hit, very impressive in appearance, yet easy, and it got totally snarfed up (I doubled the amount of green curry paste and mango chutney and cilantro the recipe calls for, but you can easily adjust all that to your tastes, and it's especially convenient because it can all be made ahead and assembled day of). This charred beef and spinach roll was also yummy and well-liked by some, though others of my relatives won't eat meat unless it's cooked to death.)
- My family still doesn't really know how to cope with Kevin.
- Kevin has no idea how to cope with my family.
- Kevin has been thwarting my will.
- I can't come up with any more items for this list, making me feel like I should be in a better mood than I am since my life is obviously so good, and that just makes me feel petulant and even crankier. So there.