(30 minutes + 1 hr baking time)
1 cup peeled, cored, and diced tart apples (Granny Smith recommended)
1. Preheat oven to 350F; spray loaf pan with baking spray (mix of oil and flour).
2. In a small bowl, mix the jaggery / brown sugar and spices until combined.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs and granulated sugar on medium until pale and creamy, about two minutes.
4. With mixer on low, gradually add melted butter, milk, and vanilla, blending until combined.
5. Add flour, salt, and baking powder and mix until combined. Fold in apples by hand.
6. Spoon about 1/2 the batter into the prepared pan, and sprinkle about 2/3 of the spiced sugar mixture on top. Spoon remaining batter over the top, followed by the remaining spiced sugar mixture. Use a butter knife to swirl the layers.
7. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Turn out onto rack, and let cool before slicing. It should keep for about four days on the countertop under a cover, but ours never lasts that long…