I may have spent four hours today making coconut rock, a Sri Lankan candy. It doesn’t normally take four hours, but apparently, I have to try making five different versions because I am just that extra. Sigh.
• desiccated coconut with milk, sugar, food coloring
• frozen coconut with milk, sugar, food coloring
• frozen coconut with milk, sugar, natural colorings (dragonfruit powder, pandan powder, saffron)
• desiccated coconut with condensed milk, icing sugar, food coloring
• vegan frozen coconut with coconut milk, sugar, food coloring
I now have a LOT of coconut rock on hand — anyone know if it freezes? If not, I may be reduced to asking people to stop by and pick some up off my porch…
Recipe(s) tomorrow, probably, including a vegan version.