- Saturday: Anand got sick -- scary, listless baby. Doctor said he was wheezing, almost sent us to emergency room and had him admitted, but the third nebulizer treatment in office got his oxygen back up to 99, so she sent us home with prednisone and nebulizer. We stayed up all night (in shifts), cleaning up fluids coming out both ends, trying to keep him from getting dehydrated and/or choking, and periodically forcing fifteen minute nebulizer treatments on him (which made him howl in misery). Fun times.
- Sunday: He's improved, so we're less anxious. Still lots of unhappiness and demanding to be carried constantly. Again, stayed up all night with him.
- Monday: By now, Kev and I are exhausted. Back to doctor -- Anand is better. We get some sleep that night, although he's still waking us frequently. I start feeling sick.
- Tuesday: Anand relapses. Awful day. By the end of it, I'm reduced to lying on the couch, trying not to vomit.
- Wednesday: Anand is better, Kavi has crusty eyes, Kevin is exhausted, I am SO SICK. The dishes in the sink are getting scary.
- Thursday: Back to doctor for Anand's scheduled 18-month check-up; he gets some immunizations, which he takes with no trouble at all. Both kids have ear infections and are put on antibiotics. Anand is a happy terror, bouncing off the walls, Kavi's eyes seem better, they go to school around 11 and I collapse on the couch. A few hours of blessed peace before the school calls to say her eyes are pink, come get her please.
- Friday: I think I'm better in the morning, drop Anand off at school, am losing it by mid-morning at home with Kavi (who thankfully, mostly sleeps). Kevin takes over again and I go back to shivering on the couch. Kevin has a blinding headache for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Alma (one of our occasional babysitters) comes over to help with the disaster that is our house -- it takes her two solid hours to do the dishes and clean the kitchen. Possibly the best $25 I've ever spent.
- Saturday: I'm mostly, finally, better, though weak. Roshani confirms that this is probably adenovirus, which typically has a five-day run. Kavi's eyes are better. Kevin finally catches the damn thing and starts his own course of shivering on the couch / bed and running to the bathroom.
- Sunday -- I feel fine! Sunshine and roses! The kids are fine too! Kevin is still in bed, poor thing. He likely had a few more days to go of it.
It's going to be a long month.