But we survived the year, and I wrote a book, and I lost the last of the pregnancy weight, and I have a new writing group, and the children are growing up healthy and happy, and the house renovation is progressing nicely, and I'm already very fond of Oak Park, and Kevin and I still like each other. So all in all, more pluses than minuses, I think.
Year to come:
- I plan to catch up on e-mail in the first week of the semester, before classes start.
- I plan to catch up on important paperwork next week, ditto.
- I plan to do better in general on a few fronts (ASAM job, DesiLit, SLF).
- I plan to have a cleaner house (to that end, yesterday we instituted 'dishes done after dinner / kitchen counters and stove wiped down', and so far, I am LOVING it -- 10-15 minutes of work, that I can do while chatting on the phone with Roshani, or that Kevin can do while I watch the kids, and having the kitchen clean makes me feel SO much better, both that night, and the next morning).
- I plan to write book two and book three of my trilogy, assuming book one sells. Possibly even if book one doesn't sell -- I might try self-publishing it online, at least. 'Cause I kind of love this story, and I think people would love reading it.
- I'd like to lose the extra weight and go down to 'normal' range.
- I'd like to exercise a little every day.
- I'd like to read more books and watch less tv (much as I love tv).
- I'd like to rest and relax more with Kevin, the children, and friends.
Next year -- less tired! That's a good goal, I think.