- sometime Thursday or Friday, I think, but maybe Wednesday or Saturday, Cliff came by -- it was lovely to catch up
- Jed has been visiting a fair bit most days, hooray, including keeping me company writing at Los Gatos Coffee Roasting yesterday when I FINISHED MY BOOK!
- on Friday evening, we went to the Benjamins' for their usual Xmas Eve shindig -- great food (always the same, aah, tradition!), nice to see everyone again, even if I still get their names a bit mixed up
- Sunday morning was Anand's baptism. It makes the grandparents / godparents happy, and we're happy to take any blessing for our kids, even if Kev and I aren't actually religious. Anand's an Episcopal now. His sister is Catholic. Hopefully there won't be denominational battles in their future.
- the rest is pretty blurry, except for last night
Kavi played quite nicely with both Rowan and River at various points -- the bigger boys were mostly running around upstairs and too loud for her. (I sort of keep expecting her to turn into a loud, shrieking child, but I think that's probably not going to happen. Weird.) And mama had great, brief conversations, and mostly got caught up on people's lives. I've missed a lot -- not everyone keeps blogs, it seems. Or if they do, they don't update them. Hint hint. :-)
(Dan / Heather -- I think I've misplaced any links to more updated / personal sites you might have, so if they exist and you want me to have them, e-mail me?)
I took no pictures, so please imagine delightful chaos, hot pizza, an array of appetizers and hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps provided by our host, and a beautiful house as background. So glad I got to see them. I miss these folks.
I wish I could just scoop them all up and take them back to Chicago. Did I mention our housing prices? Never mind that pesky winter....