I have a vision for a weekday routine going forward:
- 5 a.m.: wake up, exercise, have tea and breakfast
- 7: wake kids, get them ready for preschool/daycare
- 8: drop-off
- 8: come home, do breakfast dishes, clean sink
- 9 - 4: write / academic work / SLF/DesiLit projects / household chores / errands
- 4: pick up kids
- 4 - 8: play with them, relax (make dinner in there if it's my week)
- 8: put them to bed
- 8:30 - 9: straighten up
- 9 p.m. - 5 a.m.: 8 hours of sleep!
I was talking to my family last weekend, and told them that since Anand was born (and really, for a few months before that), there had been exactly 3 nights where I had gotten eight solid hours of sleep, all nights when I was away at conferences. (My littlest sister looked pretty shocked; she likes 8-9 hours of sleep a night.) Most nights it's been more like 5-6 hours, and often interrupted too. No wonder I've felt so crazy. But it's getting much, much better.
I even did 20 minutes of yoga this morning, including a tiny bit of sitting meditation. I'm starting to feel like I can breathe again.