- rice/uppuma and a variety of curries (beef, chicken, seafood, potatoes, eggs, mushrooms, green beans, carrots, beets, cauliflower, coconut sambol)
- spaghetti with or without meatballs
- pasta with chicken/sausage/bell peppers
- quesadillas with bell peppers
- green peppers stuffed with rice and cheese
- risotto (usually lemon-asparagus)
- baked polenta with cheese and tomato/bell pepper sauce
- Thai green curry with chicken/bamboo shoots/peas or green beans
- crepes with fillings: chicken and mushrooms/asparagus, sauteed fruit, etc.
- pancakes with eggs/bacon/mushroom/grilled tomato/etc.
- various quiches (although Kev doesn't like quiche so much, so this one comes out more often for brunches)
- white chocolate-cranberry cookies (not a complete dinner, no :-)
I made the tomatillo sauce from scratch (recipes from Rick Bayless's Mexican cookbook, which I think is why they're so good, and it was easy -- I could easily do that once every few weeks. (Are tomatillos available year-round?) Last night we had them for dinner with chicken in the dish; this morning, we're going to have them for breakfast with roasted poblanos and eggs. Can't wait! Chilaquiles chilaquiles chilaquiles! Even saying the word makes my mouth happy.
What are your staple dishes?