To that end, here's the supplemental stuff they're getting from me, in addition to the workshopping. Plus about seventy pages of my fiction (optional reading), a selection from pre-my-Clarion to present day ("Fleeing Gods", "Esthely Blue", "And Can This Ever End", "Monsoon Day", "Mint in Your Throat (ver. 1), "Ghosts", "Mint in Your Throat" (final), "Silence and the Word", Arbitrary Passions Ch. 4). Plus a good first-draft-y chunk of the writing book.
Afternoon Talks (with Exercises) (1 p.m., lounge)
- Monday: Why Diversity? / Describing People
- Tuesday: Where Are You From?
- Thursday: Authenticity: The Big Debate
Evening Lectures (7 p.m., lounge)
- Monday: Grants and Awards, Graduate School in Writing
- Tuesday: Writing sexy (or sensual) scenes; also publishing in erotica/porn markets
- Wednesday: My reading!
- Thursday: Starting / editing magazines, foundations, etc.
- Friday: Sri Lankan dinner with Mary Anne