- Write damned crit paper (due last Tuesday, due Friday before that...sigh)
- Stop by mall briefly and look for rain hat
- Stop by grocery store and buy rice and vegetable for dinner tonight
- Also buy #10 envelopes
- Send out Wet *and* SH checks and contracts
- Meet with student at 3
- Finish commenting on last set of student stories
- Remind myself how to get .pdb files onto my Visor, do back-up and change batteries
Anyway, will check back in if I can. On to work...
4:00. No progress on paper, but everything else is going spiffy. Sigh. Current plan is to write the intro tonight after Star Trek, and finish it in the morning before class. I am such a bad example to undergrads...
I'm trying something a little odd for dinner tonight -- adapting my mom's beef, potato, carrot and onion stew (amazingly yummy) for vegetarians. Well, really, just leaving out the beef and seeing how it comes out. I suspect it's going to want some veggie boullion to punch up the flavor, but I'm lacking in such at the moment; not sure how I managed to run out, but I did. I'll put in some extra peppercorns, cloves and cardamom and see if that does it. Hmm...I really like the Ethiopian veggie stew, which I haven't made in forever. I think it's Ethiopian? David, do you remember? If this doesn't work well, then maybe I'll go look at that recipe and see if I can steal anything for this one.
I love cooking -- it's like being a scientist, but without any rigor, and with being able to eat (usually) the finished results. :-)