Well, a fairly productive day today. Finished a new story for my Fiction class, a somewhat disturbing one. It deals a lot more with ethnicity than anything I've worked on before -- we'll see how they like it. I have a feeling it's too currently too personal -- the effectiveness of the story has gotten a little lost in the recounting of factual details...argh, a little hard to explain what I mean. Except that lies are sometimes truer than facts....
Did some formatting work on my stories page, and cleaned up some of the stories as well. Pretty good, but a ways to go. Ah well.
Spent some time looking for appropriate quotes on censorship/pornography/etc. for my book. Found some fun ones -- if Dave Barry lets me use that one of his, I'll be happy. :-)
As it's now October, it seems appropriate to look at that list of stuff from last month and see how I've progresesd. Deep breath. Here goes:
• Revise "Was It Good For You" for the book -- should probably revise the essays too.
• Find out what the status of the magazine is from my lovely editors. Solicit more contributions. (well, sort of done. The mag is on hiatus)
• Call the phone company and have another line put in so I can log in from home. (This one actually shouldn't be too hard to do).
Not Done - Urgent
• Translate at least one, preferably three of my stories to screenplays because several people have shown interest, one with funding, and that's not the sort of thing a wise writer who wants to make money ignores
• Get going on the erotic horror novella for Puritan -- not due for a couple of months, but those things take me a while
Not Done - Not Urgent
• Get the majordomo software up and running to the erotica mailing list.
• Design their web pages.
• Figure out some way to get my computer fixed. The disk drive is broken, which makes it seriously difficult to bring work home (sure, I can cut and paste it to the net, but what a pain. I don't have a car, so I'm not sure how I can get it to a shop -- I don't even know what kind of shop I need. :( And my friends with cars all work during the day, which is presumably when shops are open. Argh.
• Oh, and for some reason I volunteered to design the web pages from Skiffy, my college science fiction club. Not only that, but I want them to be interesting, so it'll probably be a fairly complex design. I'll let y'all poke at it and give me comments once I get going on them.
• Not to mention all the unfinished revisions lying around, the quest I haven't finished on Holomuck, etc. and so on...
Ick. That doesn't look good at all, even though I *have* done a bunch of other stuff....sigh. Well, back to the grindstone.