- 2 pounds button mushrooms, quartered
- 6 T butter (3/4 stick)
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 t. garam masala (which you can make from scratch, or buy in the Indian grocery store, or possibly a Whole Foods/Wild Oats type of place)
- Saute mushrooms in butter on high until well-cooked, stirring constantly (ideally, you want them to get a little brown -- keep the heat as high as you can manage, so the mushrooms don't get soggy as they give off liquid)
- In the last five minutes or so, when they're close to ready, add lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- When cooked, remove from heat and stir in garam masala until well-blended.