On the housing front, we are in the midst of inspection negotiations on the Elmwood house. They're fixing several of the smaller issues. Our inspector and the homeowners are in disagreement on the seriousness of some of the major issues. Which is perhaps typical? I don't know -- I haven't been through this process before. Hopeful that it will all work out; we should have a decision one way or another by tomorrow. In the interim, still packing.
If things fall apart, I think the tentative plan is to go back to the Mad Hatter house and make another offer, and if that fails, just rent until spring and see what houses come on the market again. In some sense, that might be the 'best' long-term solution, since housing prices still seem to be dropping, and we might be able to get the best deal on a house that way. But much hassle and uncertainty. Sigh. Hopefully it won't come to that.
In the interim, here's a funny:
And a charming video to make you laugh and maybe cry, courtesy Haddayr: