(30 minutes, serves 4)
Have you pickled some redbuds? Want to dazzle your guests at a spring luncheon? I’m not sure you can do better than this delicious tangy salmon & asparagus — it’s beautiful and very more-ish. Serve with a hot crusty dinner roll slathered with butter (redbud butter, if you want to be extra fancy), and you’re good to go.
You can use pickled redbuds in any recipe where you’d use capers.
additional fresh redbud blossoms to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. Whisk first five ingredients in a small bowl to blend. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cut three 1/2-inch deep slits crosswise in top of salmon, to allow sauce to flavor. (Don’t cut all the way through.)
4. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil; arrange asparagus in even layer on baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and turn to coat, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Place salmon atop asparagus, brush half of sauce over the salmon, reserving the rest.
6. Roast until salmon is just opaque in the center, about 20 minutes.
7. Transfer asparagus and salmon to serving dish, garnish with additional fresh redbud blossoms, and serve with remaining sauce alongside.
Pickled Redbud Recipe: https://serendibkitchen.com/2021/04/14/pickled-redbuds/