I could have scheduled it further out from chemo, which might have been wise, but the surgical consults happen on Friday, and they needed the MRI results before that, so if I hadn't gotten it done today, I would've had to wait another week for the surgical consult (and consequent surgery). If I'd known how awful I'd feel, I might have put it off, anyway, but it's hard to predict these things. Done now, and I *think* that was my last MRI? One hopes.
Friday, I get to have the conversation with the surgical oncologist about a) is the cancer actually all gone, according to the MRI, and b) what kind of surgery is she recommending / do I want to do. (Lumpectomy, mastectomy, double mastectomy, breast / nipple-conserving, with or without implants, what size, etc. and so on. I think I know what I'm leaning towards, but it's all still dependent on what the MRI finds and what she recommends. We'll see.
On the plus side, I am now ensconced on the sofa, the children are home today and being sweet, and I have an endless supply of Barbara Hambly novels to distract myself with. Also a fair bit of ice cream, should I decide I want it.