But all that said, I do still want to carve out a bit of writing time, just so I'm starting as I mean to go on. Tentative schedule for today:
- putter on Facebook until 10; then turn it off for five hours
- 10 - 10:30: straighten up kitchen and first floor / review to-do list with student worker; set her working
- 10:30 - 11:00: first round of urgent e-mail
- 11:00 - 12:30: writing time; finish revisions on Sri Lankan steampunk story and maybe send it out? Who would want it?
- 12:30 - 1:30: break for lunch with Roshani
- 1:30 - 3:00: second round of urgent e-mail
- 3:00 - pick up Anand from school (I promised him I'd get him early, and I want to spend a lot of time with the kids in the next few days, since I leave town again on Saturday), meet Kavya, and spend the afternoon and evening puttering in house and garden with the family, continuing to read Hild, etc.
Five hours is not actually a long work-day, esp. with an hour break for lunch! :-) But if I am focused in that time, I think I can get a lot done.