Not sure I can get much more done today -- Jarmila is leaving in twenty minutes. Woe. And I need to do prep for classes tomorrow anyway. But in theory I have 1.5 hrs tomorrow to write, if I come home promptly and focus on it. That should be enough time to get through Minal's second set of line edits, at least. (I am going to owe that girl so much chocolate when this book is done. But she's vegan. Is there vegan chocolate?) Leaving big chunks of Wednesday and all of Friday for the bigger questions:
- Where do I need more sensory detail?
- Where do I need more narrative tension/suspense? (Sigh.)
- What am I leaving out that ought to be in there? (i.e., how I ended up writing erotica? other poly relationships?)
- Should I go into more detail about the ideas and their connection to the war, and if so, where?
- Do I need to conclude the trip more clearly as the end of the book, and leave Kavi as an epilogue (I think so)
- Are the bigger theoretical questions sufficiently explored and at least tentatively answered?