Also forgot to note that I finished my December story yesterday, or a draft of it at least: "A Little Pregnant." Yay, me! Story-a-month recap:
- July: "Jump Space" (out, making the rounds, two rejections so far)
- August: "Sequins" (SOLD to Tumbarumba), also drafted ten-minute play, "The Yellow Dress"
- September: The Poet's Lullaby (drafted, workshopped, revised); also revised and sent out "The Yellow Dress" and "Coffee Date" (old story, just resurrected)
- October: "White Sheets", "Silence and the Word" and "Under the Skin" SOLD to Yoni ki Baat (to be performed in January, still revising)
- November: "The Arrival" (a chapter of AP, revised and SOLD to Catamaran)
- December: "A Little Pregnant" (drafted)
I want to get back to poetry as well, so in 2009, I think I'm going to add a poem a month to the goal. If I manage that, plus the few I have already, by the end of the year I might have enough for a little chapbook. That would be cool.