Ten Things I've Done That You Probably Haven't
I usually don't do the internet blog memes, but this one that's going around
got me wondering if I could possibly come up with ten non-sexual things. Adding in sex would make it too easy... :-) The tricky thing here is not just coming up with things that most people haven't done, but trying to come up with stuff that really almost no one, or at least no one I know, has done. My friends are too adventurous!
- Ridden a motorcycle at night with a stranger up King Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh (somewhat unwise).
- Started not one, but *two* arts foundations. In the same year. Because I'm an idiot.
- Played Magic: The Gathering on a hilltop tea plantation in Sri Lanka.
- Had my skull cracked open (okay, not open, but needing stitches) by a ceramic ashtray -- I was three, the ashtray-wielder was four, and his parents insisted that he was very sorry, but I doubt it.
- Danced on the ice when Lake Michigan froze over (seriously unwise).
- Founded a magazine, ran it for a few years -- and then walked away, leaving it going strong. Then did it again.
- Won third place in the National Catholic Spelling Bee -- and was bitter, because I didn't get to try the real spelling bee, where I would have undoubtedly tanked, given that I got tripped up by broccoli. I'm still not sure I've spelled that right.
- Had sixteen job interviews at MLA, eleven of them on one exhausting day.
- Got flirted with by Amarillo Slim during the World Championship of Poker, live at Binion's Horseshoe Casino, see more at www.chriscraymer.co.uk.
- Curried Spam (perhaps the most unwise of all).
Now if you're very good, maybe someday I'll give you the sex list. :-)
Any of you got any of these?
Anyone else want to play?