One of my optional tasks for today (and for the next while) is to work on a Mary Anne FAQ. I figure with the new book, there'll be a fair number of people coming by the site who have never heard of me before, and they'll likely have many of the same questions that I get from interviewers, over and over again. (AsianWeek interviewed me after my class did their reading in S.F. last week, which is what started me on this track -- her questions were so very familiar...) If I answer them all in a FAQ, maybe I won't have to re-answer them over and over again? Faint hope, perhaps, but worth attempting, at any rate.
So I've come up with a few questions so far -- if you want to throw more into the mix, feel free. I won't add them to the FAQ unless they really are frequently asked ones, though. I may answer the less frequent ones here. :-)
- How did you get started writing sex stories?
- How has your South Asian background affected your sex writing?
- What do your parents think about your writing so much about sex?
- Have there been any negative repercussions from being so open about your own sex life (re: queer/poly)?
- How has erotic fiction (writing or publishing) changed in the ten years you've been working?
- How did you find your agent?
- How did you get published?
Hmm...there are more, but those are the ones I hear the most, I think. Any suggestions for rephrasings also welcome -- #4 is especially awkward right now, but I can't remember how they usually phrase it. (They usually ramble a lot more too...)
If I have more time later today, I may add some answers. :-)