By the way, the presentation on Plato yesterday, that I spent the previous night having anxiety dreams about, went absolutely swimmingly. Gods -- if I just have time to prepare properly, I'm actually not half bad at this grad school stuff. It's when I'm over-committed (or lazy) that things start falling apart.
If you're coming to WorldCon, please stop by the Strange Horizons tea party -- that's Sunday at 3 p.m., room TBA. I'm also coordinating the Broad Universe rapid-fire reading -- seven readers, in one hour. I'm being very mean and restricting them to seven minutes each. We'll see how good they are about time. Saturday at 1 p.m., room TBA, immediately preceding the Broad Universe tea party. Reading will be:
- Nancy Jane Moore
- Mindy Klasky
- Barbara Krasnoff
- Sarah A. Hoyt
- Winifred Halsey
- Carol Berg
- Ellen Klages
- Nancy Jane Moore has four stories currently in print in two
anthologies and Lady Churchill's Rosebud Wristlet. Her work
was recently reviewed in Tangent Online.
- Librarian by day, writer by night, lawyer in a former life -- Mindy L.
Klasky is the author of the Glasswright Series and other
- Barbara Krasnoff is a technology journalist who has sold two science
fiction stories, one in 1990 and one in 2000. She hopes to publish a third
before the next decade.
- Sarah A. Hoyt's short fiction has been published in Absolute
Magnitude, Weird Tales, and Dreams of
Decadence. She will be published in Analog and
Apprentice Fantastic. Her first novel, Ill Met By
Moonlight, will be out from Ace this October.
- Winifred Halsey is the founder of Speculation Press, focusing on
intelligent science fiction and fantasy for women; she is also the author
of To Kill an Eidolon.
- Carol Berg's first novel, the epic fantasy
Transformation, was published in summer 2000. The sequel,
Revelation, was just published in August 2001. She is a
software engineer whose recently acquired hobby of writing got out of
- Ellen Klages is an eclectic writer with four non-fiction books, a
couple of short stories, and two Nebula nominations. She also does